Tuesday 5 May 2009

Monkey Barrel

Last week Jasper and I played a game with the barrel monkey's. Jasper had as many as he could get swinging in a chain. We then started singing the song, "Nine little monkeys swinging on the tree, teasing Mr. Alligator, you can't catch me, you can't catch me, along comes Mr. Alligator hungry as can be and SNAPS! that monkey swinging in the tree". The second time round of singing this song Jasper thought of another prop that could be used for the song, he got our wooden Alligator and we used that. Obviously Jasper enjoyed this experience because when he was at KIDSPACE on Monday, after lunch when most children were asleep Jasper came to me and suggested we played the monkey game, but this time he decided to change the story line. This time the Alligator had to get different animals NOT the monkeys I was strictly told. In saying that the Alligator did manage to get one of the monkeys.
Great imagination Jasper, you led your play and directed me as to how I was to participate. Singing brought such delight to your play and we revisited this experience, but in a new way. Maths was also incorporated into your play as we subtracted the monkeys as Mr.Alligator caught them one by one.

By Tamara

No comments: