Friday 18 November 2011

Jack's creative artwork















































One morning last week, Jack took a real interest in the painting that I set up in the art room. He liked the look of the bright primary colours and began on his painting straight away. Jack used red, green and orange. Once he had finished, I could tell straight away what he had painted, and began asking him about it. "It's traffic lights!" he told me. I asked him where he had seen them, and he told me that he sees them on the roads all the time.

I asked Jack if he knew what the colours represented. "Red is stop", he said. "And green is...?", I said. "Go!", he replied. He was a little unsure with what orange was, and I told him that it meant to slow down and try and stop safely.

Jack then began telling me that ambulance and police can go straight through any of the lights because they are always in a hurry and it is an emergency.

Jack then moved on to painting a rainbow. carefully choosing the colours he wanted, and taking extra care in painting it in an arch shape.

I enjoyed having these conversations with Jack, and loved that he was able to share his knowledge from the wider community, with me, and express it through his art work. Fantastic work Jack!

Ainslee



No comments: