Thursday 13 May 2010

Mihi

As part of our bi-cultural learning the KIDSPACE teachers are sharing their mihi at staff meetings. Last month it was Irene's turn:

Tena koutou e hoa ma, Nga mihi o te wa ki a koutou, Nga mihi mahana, nga mihi nui ki a koutou
I whanau ahau ki Waiharakeke
Ko Ahuriri toku kainga noho inaianei
Ko Kawekas toku Maunga
Ko Gerald Woodhead toku papa, Ko Valda Stretch taku mama, kati inaianei
Ko Irene McAllister toku ingoa
No reira tene ra tatou katoa

Greetings my friends, Greetings of this time to you, Warm greetings, big greetings
My family comes from Blenhiem, Now Napier is my home
The Kawekas are my mountain
Gerald Woodhead is my father, Valda Stretch is my mother, both deceased now
My name is Irene McAllister
Therefore, greetings to you all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done Irene!!!
It is a good idea to have the mihi tucked away- you never know when you will need it.
Steve is impressed