Tuesday 26 April 2011

Spending time outside




I aim to give Poesy plenty of time outside as well as inside so she can experience nature, feeling the grass, watching the leaves feeling the wind and seeing that beautiful sunshine, (although I don't know where that Hawkes Bay sun is today). Poesy is very observant and enjoys touching the grass and watching the wind blow the leaves. Poesy is very much loved at KIDSPACE, the young children and older children love to talk to Poesy and give her things to play with. Cleo shows a real interest in Poesy calling out, "bubba, bubba". On this occasion Cleo was very interested in Poesy talking to her and trying to touch the ball - she was very gentle. Someone else was trying to tickle Poesy with the long stemmed plant but she didn't appreciate this, as you can tell by the photo, and let this be known to the children. Poesy is great at communicating her feelings through non-verbal cues and using her voice with other children. Poesy is a very social being and loves having the older children around talking to her.

Poesy is developing a sense of who she is in the wider world of relationships, and the ways in which these are valued; for instance will these children listen to my voice and respect that I don't like this plant on me? I can say that the majority of the children listen to Poesy and notice when she doesn't like something, if not a teacher is close by to gently remind the children.

Tamara

1 comment:

Gemma said...

Cool learning story Tamara!

You are right about Poesy being great at communicating her feelings! She definitely lets me know when she likes (or dislikes) something!

I am so happy she has settled into Kidspace so well. When she first started I was worried how she would go, but I had nothing to worry about- I can tell she loves it!