Thursday 17 March 2011

The gym


What a great memory Donnagh has. When I was in last Thursday he asked if I could make a gym again. "A gym" I asked. "Yes, the one with the punching bag" he answered. A few months ago I had hung one of our foam shapes up as a punching bag and the children had spent quite a bit of time using this. With Mohanans help I set this up again. Donnagh, myself and the other children then negotiated rules for 'the gym'. Donnagh is demonstrating his social skills by turn taking, negotiating and maintaining relationships.

As Donnagh worked out he told me that his Dad has a punching bag and his Dad does exercises. I asked if that was so he could get big muscles. Donnagh laughed and said "Yes". Go Dan! Donnagh also told me that he has his own boxing gloves and uses the punching bag as well.
Donnagh is developing gross motor skills and spatial awareness through physical exploration. He is also developing an awareness of what keeps our body fit and healthy.

Rie

No comments: