Monday 30 April 2012

Working together


Ruby and Lukah have formed quite a lovely friendship. The other day I observed them working together to set up the see-saw.

Ruby is so good at organising others. She had a plan in mind and had enlisted Lukah to help her achieve this task.

The girls had originally stacked the blocks up a bit too high. My first impulse was to step in and make them aware of this but I decided to wait and see what happened.

Once Lukah and Ruby had worked together to lift the top on the seesaw they discovered that it was difficult for the second person to get on. I expected one of them to ask for my help lifting them on but no.
"It's too high" Ruby decided "We have to make it lower"
So again with great teamwork they set about lifting the top off again and removing one block so that the seesaw was lower. They were now able to get on and off with ease and happily seesawed away.

Tino pai too mahi kotiro!

I was really impressed with the way Ruby was able to problem-solve and communicate her ideas with Lukah. Lukah understood exactly what Ruby was trying to achieve and willingly worked alongside her.
Rie

No comments: