Thursday 26 May 2011

Re-visiting the paints

















The other day I took some photos of Jak playing with the paint pottles on the concrete. This reminded me of the learning story I wrote about Jak's interest in paints, at the beginning of April. After the paints were set up outside, Jak enjoyed choosing a pottle and a brush, and transporting it away from the table. He does this everytime I see him participating in 'painting'. Another thing I documented Jak doing, was eating it!! He had it smeared all over his face... but this time he put his hands in it first, before going in to eat it.


I love watching Jak play, because it shows me the importance of engaging young children in a range of experiences, from an early age. He is curious, inquisitive and confident, and loves exploring, and this is evident in both this photo story and the learning story I wrote in April.


Ainslee

No comments: