Friday 30 July 2010

I love to play the ukelele



Keita has a big interest in the ukelele's at the moment. She will often look up at the stand on the wall and make noises and point, indicating that she wants it down. When Keita gets it, I encourage her to sit down with it so it doesn't get knocked around. Most of the time she happily does this. In these photos were singing a song together. Keita sung so confidently, making lots of little noises. She really has lots of joy as she plays with the ukelele, struming the strings up and down. A few days after these photos were taken, I got the guitar down and played some cords and strummed and Keita smiled at me and she strummed the ukelele alongside me.

Through this experience Keita is experimenting with music and sound. She is developing a sense that music can illuminate, excite, amuse and delight.


Tamara

No comments: