Thursday 7 January 2010

Our trip to the Library on the bus


On the 28th December Rie and I took Taylah, Marley, Laker, Elijah, Donnagh and Rionagh on the bus to the library. We got all the prams and trip bag ready, we also brought our lunch boxes too. Before we headed off Donnagh must have started thinking about the bus and he said " I don't wanna go on the bus", so I reaasured him and off we went to find the bus stop and wait for the bus to arrive. We hopped on the bus ( I would have loved to get some photos of the children on the bus but both Rie and I had our hands full, with one double pram etc). The older children were great and chose their seats. Donnagh then turned and said to me, "This is isn't scary, I like the bus, it's fun," so this was good learning for Donnagh. Once we got to the library the children had a little look around and Taylah and Donnagh particularly enjoyed the chalk board as you can see from the photos. Marley found a nice snuggly pillow to lie on while I read a story to Laker and Elijah. Rionagh enjoyed trying to eat the books and take some off the shelf. This was a great experience for our tamariki to get out into the community to experience a bus ride and visiting the library. On the way they saw so many things such as signs, especially being higher up on the bus, we saw police cars and ambulances. Just before we headed back to KIDSPACE we had one more stop, we went to my house for a picnic and on the way there we saw a train. The children enjoyed a bit of their lunch then it was time to go to the bus stop in Wellesley Rd and would you believe it, on the way to the bus stop the children got to see another train, they were all very excited. This was a fun trip and we all enjoyed ourselves.


Tamara
Posted by Picasa

No comments: